Monday, January 14, 2013

Beautiful Nauvoo

This picture was my favorite, they had the most amazing sunsets in Nauvoo. Behind me in this picture is the Nauvoo temple, and the sun would set over the Mississippi River. This statue was also very touching, you can read the plaque below. 





I went with my parents, Trey, and Trevor to Wisconsin to drop Trevor off on the next huge step in his life: medical school. On the way back, we stopped in Nauvoo. None of us but my Dad has ever been there. They left and the Sloat/Dow Reunion didn't start for another day or so. So, I had some time to walk around, see some sites and soak in the meaningful history. I will never forget this extra time I had to walk around beautiful Nauvoo. It is so green and luscious there despite the major drought. You can definitely see signs of the drought, but it was so much greener then anywhere I have every lived! 

These are the gardens behind the visitors center and you walk through them on your way to the road which leads to all of the houses you can tour and hear more about the history. 


On my walk from the cabins we stayed at for the reunion. Luckily, a few of the Dows came in early to do some extra site seeing and I got to stay with them. It was perfect! They were so good to me, and it was fun to get to know them better and their kids. Thanks Justin and Rheanna!


Just a few more of my walk around Beautiful Nauvoo! As beautiful as it was, I was so excited to see everybody. The reunion was amazing, but short! It seems everybody got there and then had to leave. That's just how it goes, with all the driving and planning, it seemed to work out perfect just the way we did it! 

1 comment:

  1. Are you kidding me!?! We LOVED that we were there early and got to enjoy time with you! It was FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete