Wednesday, April 17, 2013

FOOD!


Oh yeah, getting close. I love this point. The anticipation starts to really build. I. LOVE. CINNAMON ROLLS. I love them...A LOT! They are my guilty delight, besides ice cream and Ruby Dessert. Okay, I could name a lot but cinnamon rolls seem to top them all! I have tried a lot of recipes. I found that there are a couple things you need in order to make great cinnamon rolls. Frist, you need a good recipe. Second, you need to practice, practice, practice. I think I get better each time. Third, you need to develop your own "style" as you practice. You can't really get that from any recipe. Here is where I get my recipe, it fits me, and my "style" and I can't stop eating them each time I make it!

Here was my FRIST one, I nuke them for 20 seconds if they aren't hot out of the oven. They are good cold or hot, but hot to me is always better. With a cup of milk of course....
And then I ate the rest...not really but almost... I think I hat at least 4 on the first day and many more on the leftovers for the next few days! Ahhh...cinnamon roll heaven.
 
Okay, taking a turn for healthy. This was a random recipe that I put together to balance out the sweet cinnamon rolls. I call it "Southwest Chop Salad." I looked over several recipes online and included the ingredients that I actually wanted. I used this time around:
Bed of lettuce, with spinach, romaine lettuce, and red leaf mixed all together.
1 can of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
grape tomatoes, cut in half
frozen corn-thawed about 1 cup
4 avacados
1 green bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
juice of 2-3 limes
handful of cilantro
cheese as desired
café rio dressing or tomatillo ranch dressing
limes if wanted, on top! Of course some salt and pepper added according to your taste.
 

 In the process....
 
Greg's final creation, mmmm....
 
And might I add my favorite recipe I have ever found on Pinterest...Garlic Tuscany Chicken!
 
 
 TRY IT.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment