Monday, January 14, 2013

A few random facts...


I made my first layered cake, something I have been wanting to do for a while now! 


Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting...



What the Fort Collins, CO temple will look like. I can't wait. I hope we are here to see it dedicated! 

I won a play dough contest at work, so they gave me this huge cookie! 

Froze our buns in the cool Colorado air, but we had so much fun watching Paige's band, they got FIRST at the state championship. They are so good, I can't wait to see them next year. 

Got our first new couches, and probably the only new ones for the next ten years! We got a killer deal and it is so nice to have a couch to sit on. We were lucky enough to borrow and receive some free random seating here and there, now we are proud owners of our very own! Here is what they looked like in the store. 
A cute little monster was born, Mr. Noah Morgan. And this is the day I got to meet him. He is such a handsome baby! After 4 months of life, he finally got the gift I made for him! His gift is the first sewing project I've completed in about 7 years, and part of the gift was the first sewing project I completed all by myself-without supervision!
I have some adorable pictures of Noah sporting the monster bib design, but I still need to figure out how to upload them correctly  I can't seem to get them through...so, more to come hopefully. But this little machine has been a great friend to me. I never thought I would enjoy sewing so much. I recently got interested and  my parents bought me this great machine! I even have a table to keep in on at home. I love picking out fabric and seeing a project completed.
 





 
Play ball! Greg and I went to a Rockies game in September, we had a blast. Greg loves the baseball games. It was my turn to plan a date together, I surprised him with the game! He thought we were going to a haunted house in Denver....

Greg is quite the basketball player! He always has lead us to believe that he is terrible at it and tells the story of how he got a breakaway and trip over the ball landing flat on his face. He said the coach yanked him from the game and yelled, "Sloat, I told you not to dribble, just pass it to so and so!" He got in there and played hard and made tons of shots, I was so impressed. He is an awesome ball player!

And, last but not least, Greg will dress up for Halloween if he can get a $2 burrito from Chipotle...

No comments:

Post a Comment